Eyebrow piercing is among the coolest and most unique body art that you can ever decide to have. The embellishment is suitable for both male and female with hundreds of designs to choose from.
Since its introduction in the 70’s eyebrow piercing has managed, to stay relevant and fashionable with its acceptance and popularity growing by the day. The surface piercing can either be horizontal or vertical. This is done through the bottom of the eyebrow exiting right at the top of an eyebrow. A defining characteristic of this piercing is that it is unisex being spotted by both genders with the debate on what side one should have their piercing largely depending on the individual.
A top reason why thousands have settled on eyebrow piercing is that it is a hassle-free way of showcasing not only your style but your soft spot for jewelry. The most common pieces of jewelry for eyebrow piercing are curved barbell, circular barbell, bead rings, twisters, straight barbells, and shields. Each type of jewel has a sense in which it brings out the piercing with most people taking great consideration on the one to have for a distinct look and feel.
Eyebrow piercing Jewels
- Curved barbell. This barbell is the most popular ring used given its unique design which ensures utmost comfort. It is always the first jewel that you will have immediately after a piercing and what better way to maintain a body art than with the originals.
- Twister rings. Just like its name, it adds an exciting twist to your piercing as it comes as a spiral rod with playful end beads that are available in all colors and shines.
- Bead rings or bead closure rings. This is an excellent alternative to the curved barbell as it is pretty comfortable to wear and can be worn for long without causing any irritations.
- Straight barbell. This jewel is simple in its build and comes as a small straight rod with end beads to complete it. You can select from various designs of straight barbells as they come in all artistic forms.
- Circular barbell. This is for those who love jewel that is more visible and conspicuous. There are spherically curved and extend above the eyebrow when worn for a spectacular look.
Before shopping for an eyebrow ring, it is advisable first to get the piercing, so you have a fitting piece that is of the exact length as the piercing. The diameter and size of the beads should also be given much attention as you require something that is comfortable for you and long-lasting. If it is the first piercing, you are having then the smaller, the better as your skin is not yet used to having any extra weight or items on it.
Steps to having that eyebrow piercing
A generally accepted rule that you will find crucial to acquiring a facial piercing that you will not live to regret or end up having unwanted infections is never to rush through the decision. Do not just rush to the guy your friend knows next door and have them place a needle to your body and hooray you have a piercing. The following guide is a short compilation of what you need to know;
Take time to find a professional piercer who has proven expertise in handling the procedures correctly. The piercer should operate from a piercing clinic fully equipped with all the necessary equipment demanded of the practice.
After settling on a particular professional hold a consultation session with them where they get to explain everything they are going to do and what to expect. Having this talk is not just as a formality but to make you comfortable and ready for the procedure.
On the day of the piercing, a basic procedure is for the whole area where the piercing is to be done to be thoroughly cleaned for the avoidance of any infections. Always ensure surgically approved items are used for the cleaning as it determines how enjoyable or frustrating your eyebrow piercing journey would be.
The piercing points must be marked clearly showing the entry and exit points which you are to approve. The purpose of this marking is not just for you to know where the piercing will be but to increase the precision during the process.
A sterilized needle will then be used to make the piercing on the exact points to create a hole where the jewel will be inserted.
Pain and Healing
Unlike what it may sound like the piercing process is not as painful as most people imagining with the pain described as that felt while plucking a piece of hair. Compared to other body piercings it is the least painful taking one of the shortest time ever. A little swelling and bruises can be visible after the procedure, but that is a common sight as the body reacts to the piercing.
Complete healing takes between six to eight weeks a period which you should be extra careful on how you handle the area and how you expose it. After this period the wound will have completely healed but the muscles and tissues around the area will still e week and should be given a couple of months before you start experimenting with other fancier and heavier rings. Letting the area have total recovery is core to giving you a fulfilling experience with an eyebrow.
Taking care of a new piercing
The reality and the possibility of infections due to neglect or an increased healing period because of irresponsibility should be enough to make you extra careful with a piercing. A quick recovery period is achievable by taking simple steps including;
- Maintain high levels of general hygiene. A clean body facilitates faster healing as the possibilities of the spread of germs are reduced. In addition to this always make sure to wash your hands before touching the pierced area and not take the risks of what could become the beginning of a painful journey because of an infection.
- Keep the pierced area ever dry. Using a clean towel, disposable tissue or cotton gently tap the area to clean it. If it is a towel ensure it is washed on a regular basis and is not for any other uses. The cleaning should involve warm water and should be done twice a day.
- Stay off chemical products. It might be your favorite lotion or just a product you use on a daily basis but for the healing period take a break from them as they can cause severe irritations.
- Do not shave or pluck hair from the pierced area. The itch to continually run the area or shave the hair as an option to make it heal quicker can sound good but is an absolute no. Doing this will only make the bruises and swelling worse and substantially extend the healing period.
- Mind your sleeping position. Try to always sleep with your back first and keep off burying your face in the pillow for whatever reasons.
Note: Infections can always be noticed by an increased itching you never experienced in the beginning, continued swelling of the area, the area getting redder, or having any kind of discharge from the area.
Eyebrow piercing styles
There are so many eyebrow piercing styles, and we have picked the coolest among them to give you an idea of what you might want to have.
- The tiny horizontal piercing
This is a great way to bring out your playful side without overstretching your limits. It involves having a small piercing on the furthest end of your eyebrow and placing a small horizontal ring on it.
- The classical vertical piercing
The traditional way of having an eyebrow piercing is still a favorable option for you which are easily completed with a barbell with small round ends.
- Double eyebrow pieces
This involves having double vertical piercing giving your eyebrow extended highlights. The look is completed with similar barbells of similar style mostly with a golden or silver color.
- Crow feet piercing
This is the new gothic style that enticingly brings out your dark side. It is categorized under an eyebrow piercing, but in reality, you avoid the whole eyebrow area and settle for the side of your eye where you have a horizontal piercing.
- Horizontal barbells below the eyebrow
If you have eyebrows which are high enough this style is definitely for you. You can go for the horizontal piercing below the eyebrow bringing the attention to the right area. Go for a shiny ring to make the effect more profound.
- The enclosed head ring at the end of the eyebrows
Have a vertical piercing completed with an enclosed head ring which gives it a little pop. This style is for the courageous who are not afraid to show it.
- Colored beads for the girly effect
It takes the right jewel to bring out the girly effect on you. This can be with a ring that has pink beads or other girly colors to bring out the beauty in you. Any lady can effortlessly have this look with a guarantee of showing to the world their sexy side.
- The teardrop look
This style is for the minimalist as it is a micro decimal piercing at only one end. To give it a sexier appeal you can opt to have a ring that has a diamond finish or any other shinier jewel. The teardrop look is pierced at the end of an eye.
- Dark beads for a masculine look
Bring out the power in you with dark beads that have a masculine effect on your face. This look works for both men and women who want to show strength uniquely.
- Spiky look
If daring is your second name, then this is for you. Have an eyebrow with spikes to show your badass side. You can have it either on one eyebrow or on both sides for a total killer look. This is a good way to also express your rock side to the world.
- Flat beads on a horizontal piercing
This allows you to get an eyebrow that does not keep you ever concerned on the ring getting trapped or hooked on objects as you move around or sleep. The flat beads are mostly small-sized and can be pulled by lots of individuals without any struggles.
- Triple eyebrow rings
At times two is never enough and an extra ring can be all you need to fulfill your eyebrow desires. The piercing is done horizontally with three spots to place your rings of choice. Most people have this style on one eyebrow, but triple on both sides has never been out of the question.
- The eye effect
You have unusually blue or dark eyes then this eyebrow piercing is what you have been looking to get. This is a horizontal style made alive with a jewel that has a similar color to your eyes or one that contrasts it artistically.
- Infinity rings
Take the crazy in you further with these infinity rings that are lined along your eyebrows. If you decide to go for this look, have it on both sides with a number of rings aligned similarly. You can have the rings on the same exact sizes or the ones on the final ends larger.
- Flowers, hearts, and other symbols
Positivity is not easy to always have and show out at the same time, but with an eyebrow piercing that has a flower or heart end, you can achieve this. Ooze love each day by having a ring with a symbol you connect with and enjoy your body art each time.
- Colored twisters
Vibrant colors are an awesome way to ensure your eyebrow piercings shines and brightens your face. Colored twisters are an effortless way to achieve this for your face being a center of attraction wherever you go.
These are just a tip of the designs and styles you can decide to have for your eyebrows. Take a tip from this and show the world what your face can showcase.