Sometimes, another pregnancy comes when you become a mom! There are moms who have tattoos, pregnant moms who want tattoos, and children who want to have mom tattoos to honor their mothers. Let us discover some ideas and frequently asked questions (FAQs) about mom tattoos in this article.
Mom Tattoos: Can I have a tattoo when I’m pregnant?
- 1 Mom Tattoos: Can I have a tattoo when I’m pregnant?
- 2 Is it okay to get mom tattoos while pregnant?
- 3 Why should you NOT get your mom tattoos during pregnancy?
- 4 What are the PRECAUTIONS in getting mom tattoos while pregnant?
- 5 Mom Tattoos: A Child’s Way to Honor their Mothers
- 6 Check out some ideas for Mom Tattoos by Moms!
- 7 Check out some ideas for Mom Tattoos by their Children!
- 8 Is it okay to bring children to the tattoo shop?
- 9 I am taking some medications, should I discontinue medication before my tattoo session?
- 10 Can I put mom tattoos on my after pregnancy stretch marks?
- 11 Is it possible to cover a stretch mark with a tattoo?
- 12 What are the factors to consider?
- 13 Will my large stretch marks look beautiful with mom tattoos?
- 14 Are tattoos on stretch marks more painful than on normal skin?
- 15 What are the risks of having a tattoo over a stretch mark?
- 16 Aftercare for your mom tattoos:
When you are pregnant to ensure a healthy and well-developed fetus, a long list of things to avoid appears from out of nowhere. But, do the restrictions include getting a tattoo? It is the decision of the mother to get her mom tattoos during pregnancy. Nonetheless, we have prepared some information before you decide and make an informed choice.
Is it okay to get mom tattoos while pregnant?
The body undergoes dramatic changes during and after pregnancy. Due to the body changes, the skin of the stomach stretches up to its extent. Thus, stretch marks become visible and it can possibly affect the design of your tattoo. It is recommended to have a tattoo after pregnancy when the body settles to its normal body size and weight.
Moreover, some artists do not recommend getting a tattoo during pregnancy because of its potential, rare, and serious adverse effects to health. Read more of the article to become aware and knowledgeable about the choice you are about to do.
Why should you NOT get your mom tattoos during pregnancy?
When you are pregnant and you plan to get a tattoo, think of the considerations and possible risks prior to the session.
Discomfort: When you are pregnant, the pain intensifies. The feeling of soreness, ache, and discomfort arise even when you are sitting on a soft and comfortable couch. More so, the pain you will feel from the tattoo depends on the placement and size of the tattoo. Nonetheless, if you cannot tolerate long hours of sitting, reschedule the tattoo session.
The risk for infection. Tattoos are small wound openings that involve a small amount of blood and plasma. There is a possibility that you can contract during and after pregnancy.
Tattoo inks affect the fetus of the mother. When getting a tattoo, the open wound opens blood vessels. Thus, the tattoo ink will not only stay on the surface of the skin but until the bloodstream. It worries the artists because the tattoo inks contain heavy metal.
Allergies from tattoo inks. This is prone to those moms who never had a tattoo. Nevertheless, to be safe ask the tattoo artist to perform a test on your skin.
Anesthetics during the delivery. Some birth deliveries need epidural anesthesia, there is no any evidence that anesthesiologists refuse to give epidural anesthesia to pregnant mothers with a tattoo on their lower back. However, there might be a difference if it is a fresh tattoo. Thus, if you are a pregnant mom think of having your mom tattoos after your pregnancy.
What are the PRECAUTIONS in getting mom tattoos while pregnant?
After the risks of tattoos while pregnant, if you persevere to get a tattoo then you may but take note of the precautions. Nonetheless, pregnant moms have to live their lives and express themselves.
Go to a Certified and Professional Tattoo Artist. You have to ensure that the studio has a clean environment and the tattoo artist uses a sterile equipment. Check for some certificates or business license of the artist. Do not hesitate to ask some questions to the tattoo artist, he will confidently answer your questions.
An experienced tattoo artist is what’s best for you. While you are pregnant, an apprentice artist is not advisable. An experienced tattoo artist knows the possible risks and complications, and the precautions to prevent it.
Inform the tattoo artist that you are pregnant. You know that it is a risk to get a tattoo while you are pregnant. Thus, it is important to inform the tattoo artist to make them cautious and do additional precautions as they prepare and handle the equipment.
Strictly follow the recommended aftercare instructions. There are aftercare instructions after you had your tattoo. The aftercare instructions help the tattoo to heal properly and prevent the occurrence of infections.
Mom Tattoos: A Child’s Way to Honor their Mothers
Our mothers brought us life into this world and have been constantly teaching us about the beauty and wonders of life. No words or gifts can equate with the love, support, and wisdom they gave us through our lifetime. Some children express their gratitude and love through getting a tattoo. For them, tattoos preserve and express the love they have in their lifetime for their mothers.
Mothers have nothing but unconditional love and support to their children, and it is better for the children to show their mothers their love through a beautiful tattoo. Mom tattoos do not need words or grandiose words, it is the deep and personal meaning underneath the inks.
Check out some ideas for Mom Tattoos by Moms!
Look at the tenderness of the mother’s love and care!
The unconditional love of a mother stretches beyond the infinite measure of time.
Check out some ideas for Mom Tattoos by their Children!
This might not be one of the usual mom tattoos, but this is a Maa with Trishul that symbolizes the unconditional love of a mother for her daughter and son.
A mom tattoo that pictures the love and importance of a mother in their child’s life.
The ideas above gives you a hint of what mom tattoo to get. However, is it appropriate for moms to bring their children into the shop? Let’s find out the answers to the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about tattoos.
Is it okay to bring children to the tattoo shop?
In this case, you have to make sure that your children are well-behaved and under your control. It is the top priority of the tattoo artist to provide a safety and clean tattoo studio. We recommend you to bring a babysitter. The tattoo artist needs his utmost concentration onto his work. It is least expected that you will bring a child to your tattoo appointment, or better yet, bring someone that can monitor and supervise your child.
I am taking some medications, should I discontinue medication before my tattoo session?
This is a complicated and risky question. Each medication and medical condition is unique, even pregnancy is a risky and complicated condition. More so, medications have different side effects to different people. Thus, it is important to ask your physician before getting a tattoo appointment.
Nevertheless, there are some common medications that can make the session difficult for the tattoo artist. Warfarins or any other blood thinning medications will make you bleed out including the tattoo ink. Meanwhile, antibiotics have a difficult time determining the virus or bacteria from a foreign substance. The antibiotic will consider the ink as a foreign substance and fights it off, it will result to scarred or patchy areas. More so, these medications can affect the healing process of the tattoo.
Can I put mom tattoos on my after pregnancy stretch marks?
There are two reasons why people consider to have a tattoo on their stretch marks. It is either they want to hide the stretch marks, or it is really the part of the body where she wants to have the tattoo placed. Whatever your reason may be, we hope the following frequently asked questions (FAQs) will provide you some enlightenment about tattoos on a stretch mark.
Is it possible to cover a stretch mark with a tattoo?
There are some factors that need to be considered before covering your stretch marks with a tattoo. You have to understand that in order to sufficiently and perfectly cover the stretch marks, it needs plenty of tattoo ink, appropriate texture, and depth. Thus, what the tattoo artists will do is they have to play with the stretch marks.
Each tattoo varies from one person to another, thus, the tattoo artist has to see it for them to plan their technique on how the tattoo should be perfectly done.
What are the factors to consider?
- The ability of the stretch mark to fully heal. New stretch marks are difficult to work and the skin will have a hard time healing. These stretch marks are more sensitive. Thus, it is best to have an old stretch mark. You can tell how old the stretch marks are, they will be visibly white or silver.
- Raised stretch marks. This is quite harder than the flat stretch marks. These are new stretch marks and has not yet settled down.
- The color of the stretch marks. As mentioned, stretch marks can be silver or white to purple or red. The new stretch marks are color red or purple. These stretch marks have not yet settled, and with their shade, it is difficult to blend with the tattoo. Unlike the silver or white stretch marks, it quiet resembles the natural skin tone.
- The length and width of the stretch marks. The size of the stretch mark is an important factor to know whether the tattoo can cover it or not. If the stretch marks are longer and wider, it may be hard to fully cover it. More so, you cannot freely decide the size or shape of your tattoo. The size of your stretch mark will determine the dimensions of your tattoo.
- The possibility of the tattoo to be damaged. There is a possibility that there are new stretch marks that will appear. Thus, there is a possibility that an extensive or minor damage will happen in the tattoo depending on the new stretch marks.
Nevertheless, you also have to consider the efficiency of the tattoo artist. The success of your tattoo highly depends on their work. Look for someone who is experienced.
Will my large stretch marks look beautiful with mom tattoos?
Aside from getting a tattoo for self-expression, tattoos are done to beautify our bodies. Thus, tattoos can improve and make your large stretch marks look beautiful. However, you should still be cautious about the given factors to consider.
Choose the right tattoo artist for you. An experienced tattoo artist knows how to perfectly make the tattoo. Refer some of the tattoos done to cover up scars. It is a challenge to cover a large cluster of stretch marks on an awkward part of the body.
Are tattoos on stretch marks more painful than on normal skin?
Yes, stretch marks are damaged skin. If you compare the pain of a normal and healthy skin, it is more painful. Damaged skin are painful and more sensitive. Moreover, pain is subjective. It varies from one pain threshold and pain tolerance of a person to another.
What are the risks of having a tattoo over a stretch mark?
Just like any other tattoos, each has a potential risk and hazard to our health. Especially, when it involves a damaged or scarred skin like stretch marks. You have to treat your tattoo carefully. It is a new wound, and when a tattoo is not properly cleaned it can become infected.
More so, you have to understand that stretch mark is a form of scar, and scar tissues holds the tattoo ink differently than a healthy skin. It is risky to have a tattoo on a scarred skin because it will be less defined and blurry. There are scar tissues that leaves patching and fading of the skin. Although, you can fix the fades and patches with retouch in the future.
Aftercare for your mom tattoos:
- Treat the tattoo as a new wound. You only use mild and non-fragrance soap in washing your tattoo.
- Use a mild and non-fragrance moisturizer or an ink guard ointment to assist a fast healing of your tattoo.
- Do not expose too much of your tattoo on the sun, it will easily fade.
- When it itches, do not scratch it. Wait for it to peel off on its own.
Make your tattoos last longer and vibrant by obediently doing the appropriate aftercare to your tattoos.